Truth #1: Your email list is a companion, not a chore. It goes with you everywhere.
If all you say to your audience is ‘look at my work, hire me,’ you’re probably never going to see the results you wish you had.
Not because your work isn’t great, but because there are natural barriers between seeing a service and booking it.
The goal of an email list isn’t to ‘send news’ or ‘keep in touch,’ it’s to strategically eliminate those barriers so that when you invite them to book, they’re already primed to do so.
Truth #2: Your work is already getting plenty of attention, but you’re probably letting it slip through your fingers.
The chances of someone seeing your work once and taking action are extremely low. Every marketer knows that. You can be out in the community, getting published on blogs, seeing shares on Facebook, but you’re relying on chance that someone will see your work and then come back and see it again on their own.
How often have you seen something cool, and never encountered it again? Does that mean you didn’t like it? No, it means you enjoyed it and then moved on.
Email lists stop people from just moving on.
They let you capture someone’s attention and nurture it.
Give a talk in the community? Invite people to be on your email list. Get your work published? Invite people to be on your email list. Get a post shared widely? Oh man, if that doesn’t have a way people can connect with you long-term, it’s like pouring water in a bowl with a hole in the bottom! It’s wasted if it’s not captured.
Truth #3: You can almost always tell how well an email list is performing just by looking at the sign-up box.
There are two common, list-killing mistakes. If you make them in the sign-up box, it basically guarantees low sign-ups and low open rates later.
And those depressing numbers are really the #1 reason people abandon their best people.
If you had a large, vibrant, engaged list with a healthy open rate, you’d be a lot less likely to neglect it.
Lists don’t die when they’re doing well, they die when the person running it feels demoralized.
And the sad thing is, the biggest cause actually happens right out of the gate. But it’s also totally fixable.
Truth #4: None of this has to take up much time.
Staring at a blank page wastes time, yeah. So does aimlessly emailing with no strategy. (Cough, so does feeding the social media beast and getting distracted every time you log in.) Executing a clear plan to send one email per month? That’s a time-saver.
In this live class, we’ll capture the attention you’re already earning, attract more, and train your fans to take action rather than just admire your work.
The class is capped at 25 students.
Participation is easy – the class is divided into 7 Quick Wins.
In bite-size steps, here’s what we’re going to do:
- Define exactly who you want to draw in
- Name what holds them back from hiring you, and create an email plan that erodes those barriers while building trust.
- Work with Jenika to create a sign-up hook they’re too curious to resist, and use that welcome series to train them to open your emails and take specific actions. Do this once, it works on your behalf thereafter, even if you never send a single “newsletter” again. (Even if you already have a welcome guide, you’ll learn how to make it wildly more effective and wish you’d done it this way since the beginning.)
- Send Jenika a secret assignment so she can create six detailed topic outlines for your future newsletters – you’ll know exactly what to say and why
- Master the Never-Ending Email Generator, which shows you exactly how to keep doing this on your own, even if right now you don’t think you ‘have anything to say’
- Hold dedicated Q&A periods so that you get firm, direct answers to every question you have. The class is capped so you get personal attention.
You’ll also learn:
- How to create an email people can’t wait to open (ridiculously simple once you see it….but thousands of emails go out every day that fail to meet this test)
- The six types of emails you can send over and over, because patterns help you get your thoughts down faster
- Three templates for sign-up incentives people can’t resist – you’ll pick your favorite, but the other two will stay in your back pocket for the future
- How to keep talking to your audience in a way that feels natural and that actually does something for your business
- How to stick to your plan
- How much of a loving honey badger Jenika is when you don’t turn in your two assignments…seriously, for your own good, turn them in. You have been warned. I will come for you.
Exactly what it includes:
- 4 weeks of instruction, delivered via emailed PDF | $199 value
- Jenika creating six personalized, detailed topics for your future emails + additional guidance | $199 value
- Direct help from Jenika shaping your sign-up hook and welcome series | $499 value
- One full implementation week with daily Q&A | $99 value
- Bonus lessons on list-building strategy and how to actually set up a list in MailChimp | $49 value
- Plus, accountability + drawings for prizes at the end! | Priceless